LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing colors of a diabled and blinking indicator/led??

hello,

i have a few things that are disabled and or set to blink through their properity nodes,

only problem is that i seem to have no control over what colors they change to when they are disabled or blinking.

i have a green start button, when you press it, it starts to blink. but it blinks yellow and green! i want green and dark green..

i have an indicator that disables and greys when the "lock control" button is pressed. its against a dark grey background and when it greys out you can see the outline of the indicator (very ugly!!)

please help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,650 Views)

HI codemonger,

the blink color is globally set in the LV options: Environment->colors...

When you "disable and gray out" a control, it exactly does that: it disables and grays out... What else do you expect here?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(3,645 Views)

When u use the blinker property its fixed to blink 1X a second. The colors are set by the controls property (but you probably already know this).

I prefer to blink the control myself using color constant box (its a constant so you can see the color (not number) on the block diagram. Take a look at the BD below for a stop button I blink 3X a second.

I keep a copy of the original colors so I can set it back to normal when my app is done. The have setting for 4 different values, true, false, t to f and f to t....

ButtonBlinker.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,637 Views)