From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Property's from within a While Loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi altenbach

I did not mean to imply that I got the template from the video, but mearly the first vi (from scratch) that I started experimenting on, adding what I learned to my vi. Every time I had equipment taken from me, I would go grab something different. I would modify, instead of starting over and have just a few weeks to continue learning before we got another order in and have to go back to my regular job. After a few months away I would go back and pick up somewhere else.

I went through the NI videos as much as I could but it seemed as though they would assume I knew something that I did not know, or that I could not get it to work as advertised (probably my issues). The pdf files and other training helps were good until they wanted me to use something I did not have, or go into an area that looked like it would be to large of a time commitment for what I could afford.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(462 Views)

Without an event structure, the next think is to "poll" the controls.  Read them frequently in a loop, and do something if the value is different than it was before.  You store the value in a shift register so you can compare the current iteration with the previous iteration.

Message 12 of 12
(454 Views)