LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes To Be Made From LabVIEW 7 VI To 11 VI

In the attachment I have a LabVIEW  VI written in LabVIEW 7. It works fine in that version, but when I try to run in LabVIEW version 11.0.1, it does not work. So, can any one suggest me what are the changes that I have to make in order to run in LabVIEW 11?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,044 Views)

Hi Romai,

Better post it in the Version Conversion Board

I don't know making any changes in the older version can make it work in a newer version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,040 Views)

Please post the real VI.  I am not going to download a Word document just to look at a picture of some code.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,035 Views)

I am sorry. Here is the real VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,022 Views)

Ok, so what about this VI isn't working?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,012 Views)

Yeah!

If I write the same code(VI) in LabVIEW 11 it does not show me those results, instead a smaller black window.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,004 Views)

My first guess would be to replace those multiplies with multiplies.  The versions currently there are to keep compatibility with older versions.  If you replace with the current, it just might work for you.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,994 Views)

crossrulz,

i think that is exactly his issue. Using those deprecated functions:

Multiply Deprecated.PNG

creates this image:

Graphics Deprecated.PNG

Replacing the last multiplication only with the current version of "multiply":

Multiply Current Version.PNG

creates this image:

Graphics Current Version.PNG

I found out, that the current version of "multiply" obviously does work the same as "A x B.vi" from the matrix-palette:

AxB.PNG

whereas the deprecated version handles the matrix as a simple array (multiplying index per index).

So i would consider the old, deprecated version as bug when talking about matrix'es and the new behavior as fix for it. Obviously (overlay tells us so) this fix was implemented with 8.0.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 8 of 11
(2,987 Views)

Norbert,

Thanks for your concern.

I hope you are right because it seems that the problem is with the multiplication node. Also because when I am multiplying

the image(hologram) with a circular function, it should give me a circular image.

Thank you once again!

Message 9 of 11
(2,974 Views)

If i am correct, you are running into some misunderstandings, so i want to clear some things up:

1.) A hologram is a three dimentional image. It requires lasers and interference for creation and i am not aware that i ever saw one on a monitor....

2.) You are working with matrix. Images are, simplified, 2D arrays with color/brightness as values. So using Linear Algebra (matrix) seems not correct if modifying image data. I suggest you to NOT use matrix but to go for generic 2D arrays. Tip: Insert "Matrix to Array" after your creation step. Your program will run as it did with LV 7.1.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 10 of 11
(2,943 Views)