From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the x axis scale markers in a waveform graph

Hello all,

I am looking at an unusual graphing problem that hopefully has been solved.  The problem is because an pre-existing DAQ graph does things in a chart-like manner.

The application context is that I measure a signal vs. test length.  During the test, I calculate the UUT position as a function of the test length.  The test includes measurements out and back.  Rather than graph signal vs. length; I want to graph signal vs. position.  I have considered the XY graph, but that co-locates the position data.  To remain consistent with an existing test program, I want to change the X Axis marker labels from distance to position at each marker's distance.

I would like to customize marker text for a waveform graph's X Axis.  I found a sub-property node for marker text, but it does not seem to iterate through a Waveform graph's X Axis markers.

For example, a test measures the distance 0 to 200 and the X Axis markers are labeled {0, 50, 100, 150, 200}.  How do I change those labels to {0, 50, 100, 50, 0}?

The Marker Values[] property node does not do what I expected.

Thanks,
Kenneth

Possible solutions:

1. Find a property node that does the job

2. Use custom indicators for each marker's labels

3. Use two graphs, one for forward, the other for reverse testing

4. XControls

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,937 Views)

For your option #4 I would use option #2 but use a single picture and hide the X-Axis and do my own.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 3
(5,930 Views)

Okay, the XY Graph version I implemented worked, but different from an old (existing) test program.  So its time to implement this feature.

I have this week to implement this axis for a project.  recommendation for an X Control still?

Regards,
Kenneth

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,518 Views)