Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the values when running

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a problem with the program.

Since the program starts to run, I can't change the value when running.

Any ideas?

For the details, I attach the Vi and the pictures.

Thank you guys

changeValueRunning1.PNGChangeValueRunning2.PNG

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,525 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Liidle

Hi Liidle,

did you take the free beginner courses offered by NI to learn LabVIEW?

Why are there so many local variables in your main VI?

Why are all those control terminals unused in your code?

Why don't you resize the IndexArray functions to index more than one element?

Why don't you clean up your code?

Why do your subVIs only use default icons?

Why do you need an additional subVI to build an array from the outputs of the other subVI?

Since the program starts to run, I can't change the value when running. Any ideas?

Why are parts of your code outside of loops?

THINK DATAFLOW!

(edit: fixed typo)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,517 Views)

Hello,

I put the code outside the while, that's the reason why it doesn't work.

I will look at the beginner course.

Thank you for your advice

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,506 Views)

A show of hands -- how many people would start programming in c, or matlab, or visual basic, or python without taking a course, viewing tutorial material, or reading a book?  [No hands?].  How many would just "jump into LabVIEW" because "How difficult could it be, it's all pictures?"?

That's actually an unfair question, as I've been to a number of Travelling Road Show presentations by NI (Sales?) people who do just that -- get a bunch of (usually undergraduate) students in a room, give them a simple DAC device, and show "how easy it is to get data from this device using LabVIEW", strongly implying you don't need to "learn anything", it's all "intuitive".  Grrrrr ... I get to try to "clean up the mess".

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 5
(2,480 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

A show of hands -- how many people would start programming in c, or matlab, or visual basic, or python without taking a course, viewing tutorial material, or reading a book?  [No hands?].  How many would just "jump into LabVIEW" because "How difficult could it be, it's all pictures?"?

That's actually an unfair question, as I've been to a number of Travelling Road Show presentations by NI (Sales?) people who do just that -- get a bunch of (usually undergraduate) students in a room, give them a simple DAC device, and show "how easy it is to get data from this device using LabVIEW", strongly implying you don't need to "learn anything", it's all "intuitive".  Grrrrr ... I get to try to "clean up the mess".

Bob Schor

That's true - cannot express it in a better way!

Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,465 Views)