LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the data range for an array

I have an array of numeric values.  I want to change the data range for every element in the array depending on a condition.  For example, if a case is true, I want the max value of every element to be 500.  If the case is false, I want the max value of every element to be 250.  I'm able to create a property node for an array, I just can't seem to get at the data range property of an element. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,302 Views)
You can create a control reference, property node, or invoke node of an array element (as opposed to creating one of those items for the array itself) by right-clicking on the element on the front panel and selecting the appropriate option from the "Create" right-click menu.

Alternatively, if you already have the "element" reference from the array, you can use To More Specific Class to cast it to the Numeric class, thereby giving you access to all the Numeric-specific properties (like "Maximum", in your case).

-D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,297 Views)
Darren,
Thanks for your help, I added the property node for the array element from the front panel.  I was not aware I could create property nodes from the front panel like that.

phil 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,282 Views)