From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change table precision in express vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello friends.

I have a problem.

I uses an Express VI to build a Table.

If you see an example below, it shows a table with precision set at 2.

Now if I want to change the precision, I have to right click, go to properties and do the precision change.

Is there a way to change the precision programatically. I couldnot see any property node for the precision setting.

Can anyone help me ?

PS: I am not very very conversant with Labview yet, so I would like to stick to Express VIs. I know they are not preferred by senior programmers but they are somehow very easy and convenient to use for newbies like me.

Rgds,

Rohit Chawla.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,300 Views)

No, there is no programmatic way to do that. Express VIs are front-ends to actual VIs. That's what you get for simplicity - limited functionality

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,291 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rohit_Chawla

Not possible in Express VI itself, but you can add your own code between the Express VI and the resulting table. See the attached modified VI to get the idea.

Cheers,

Cerati

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,285 Views)

Thanks Smercurio_fc and Cerati

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,276 Views)

I came across the same issue. I would think that the developers of Express VI's would anticipate having property node inputs for the things (common, not necessarily all) in the Configuration Dialog. Just my 2 cents!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(399 Views)