Change physical unit of an y-axis in plot for a waveform chart

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Gerd,

sure you are right. Done !

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(952 Views)

I did not modified the middle graph in any way just put it on the front panel and wire it from convert and run. If you run my example your results are different ?.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(944 Views)

Hi Jörn,

please show the unit display of the charts! Probably it is set to "m" while you try to display values of unit "mm", hence you get values in the order of 1e-3.

Show the unit display and set it to "mm"!

Hast du bemerkt, dass ich weiter oben noch Kommentare zum Beitrag hinzugefügt hatte?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 13 of 19
(939 Views)

Hi Gerd,

you are are right. You have to set the Y-scale.UnitLabel.text to the proper unit. Its default is 'm', for my case 'mm' shows the correct result.

Vielen dank nochmals für Hilfe.

Jörn

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(936 Views)

Hi Gerd,

I double checked my results from yesterday and I am still little confused about it. Would you mind to cross check my actual example ?. Something is not clear to me between the setting of the  Y-scale.UnitLabel.text Property and the Y-scale.Multiplier. I have the feeling that simetimes it does not  correspond properly. I think the multiplier is set if you change the unit, but not for everysituation correctly.

Best regards

Jörn

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(911 Views)

Hi Jörn,

right now I only have LV2011 available, so could you please downconvert your VI?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(909 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(903 Views)

Hi Jörn,

the problem is you have set a Y scaling factor for the first chart before showing and changing the unit! If you change the unit back to "m" for the first chart you will notice a scaling factor of 0.001 - hence the display problems you encountered.

Either replace the chart by a fresh one or set back the scaling factor after setting the unit to "m"!

Attachment is your VI with just all units set to "m"...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(899 Views)

Hi Gerd,

seems to be correct. The changing of the unitlabel changes the scaling factor but not vice versa. If you change the scaling factor first than it could be inconsistence with the units.

Best regards,

Jön

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(894 Views)