From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change monitor brightness and contrast with SetDeviceGammaRamp

Hi

Has anybody got these functions GetDeviceGammaRamp or SetDeviceGammaRamp work. I am trying to change brightness and contrast of monitor programmatically but without success. Functions can be found from shared library gdi32.dll. I would be very pleased if someone could help me with this issue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,073 Views)

Hi PTM,

Thanks for the post.

What an interesting request - may I ask why you'd like to do this? Also, where have you got toso far?

It seems the best way with LabVIEW is actually to use property nodes/methods(invoke) nodes to ater the colour/shading of the controls/indictors/front panel etc. Is this an option you've considered?

Other than that Im not sure how good the DLL will be. As your aware, normally these are set manually externally.

Have you ever heard of products like powerstrip - check it out. you may be able to find one with an ActiveX interface - I dont know.

Hope this helps,
kind Regards,
James.

Kind Regards,
James.

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,051 Views)

I would also like to change the brightness of my monitor with LabView. Would it be possible to interface LabView with graphics card or display driver, and make a control in LabView that could enable this driver to change the brightness value?

Thanks or your help,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,600 Views)

You can try the document here

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,761 Views)