LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change minor chart axis scale markers to multiples of six

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a chart whose y-axis goes from 0 to 36.  For some reason, when I choose uniform marker spacing, I get markers at 0, 5, 10 , 15 , 20, 25, 30, 35 and 36.  This is, by the way, NOT uniform marker spacing.  Uniform spacing would be equal increments between spaces.  What I want is multiples of six:  0, 6, 12, 18, 24 and 36.  I have been through all the menus associated with this chart and there appears to be no way to make this simple change.

Am I really forced to do this programmatically, even though it will never change?

Message 1 of 3
(2,561 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wildcatherder

Hi Wildcatherder,

You should be able to set any axis markers you want by double-clicking on the marker and editing the number. Whatever value you specify in this manner will set the spacing on your chart. In your case, I would try changing the "5" marker to "6."   You can also choose "Arbitrary" marker spacing and assign whatever markers you want, uniform or otherwise.

I've actually run into the same problem before, and the answer isn't readily apparent - thanks for asking here, hopefully someone else with this problem will be able to search for the solution more easily.

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,533 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

Editing the marker values leaves me with an extra marker, I think (I'm home).  I tried arbitrary spacing but could not figure out where the marker went when I added a marker.  It seemed to go at the bottom but dragging on that didn't work.  As soon as you click on "Arbitrary" you only have two markers - top and bottom.

Initializing the marker spacing property was not as bad as I thought.  However, it is amazing to me that these values are not available through the right-click context menus.  From looking at postings on older LabVIEW versions, it seems many more of these properties used to be available.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,523 Views)