LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change input while running VI

Dear all, 

I have been developing a code to generate 2D image using intensity graph, where the user can control the scale of the graph by changing (user input X mm and user input Y mm).

I want the user to be able to control these inputs while the VI is running but it didn't work, I used event structure but its still not working, so what is the solution for such a problem?

( Please find attached the VI and SubVI)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,583 Views)

Hi Mariam,

THINK DATAFLOW!

This is the basic programming paradigm in LabVIEW - and you failed in obeying it…

When you want to read the X/Y controls more than once they should belong into a loop. Right now they will be read just once before the loop!

On your VI:

- Why is the data saving routine placed in the producer loop, using a local variable of the graph? Why not place it in the consumer loop, reading the data directly from that shift register?

- Why did you delete the label of the tab container? NEVER delete labels of controls/indicators!

- The subVI can be made more readable like this:

check.png

- Why don't you use a typedef'd cluster with your queue? Why do you use two different cluster constants with your queue?

- You don't need to unbundle the "Status" from your error wires just to OR them: boolean operations also can take error wires!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,562 Views)

Hi, thank you for replying to me.

I tried to put the user input in a while loop but its still not working, the new values will not be updated in the graph unless I stopped the program.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,555 Views)

Hi Marjan,

I tried to put the user input in a while loop but its still not working, the new values will not be updated in the graph unless I stopped the program.

Then you made something wrong.

THINK DATAFLOW…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,553 Views)

The "X" and "Y" controls need to be inside the loop.

The loop will only read these tunnels once, at the first iteration.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,531 Views)