From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change configuration information in one vi

Is it possible to read and change the data in a configuration file using only one vi? The only way I could think of requires 3 vis. One to read the information, the second to accept the information as inputs, allow the user to edit the information and save it back to the configuration file, the thrid to house the first two vis. I tried using the prompt user vi but couldn't get the default values to be the information from my configuration file. I did see a post describing this but it seemed more complacated than what I'm doing. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Eric
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,289 Views)
If you wanted, you could simply move the read and write functions into a single top level VI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,267 Views)

So you change the indicator to a local variable which is named the same as my control. The local variable passes the initial values to my control, as the default values, which the user can then edit. As the commercial says "Brilliant!"

Thanks for the help,

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,259 Views)