From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change color of block diagram decorations

Hi, I'm creating a template VI that will eventually have sub-VI blocks within it.  What i want to do is create a skeleton of the main VI and distribute it to a number of developers.  From there, they can take the VI and populate it with their corresponding sub-VI blocks that they developed.  I feel the best way to explain where the missing blocks go is to use decorations.  However, I noticed that using decorations on the block diagram is limited to bland black border boxes.  Is there any way to change the color and border format of the decorations in the block diagram?  OR are there additional decorations somewhere that i can use? In the end, I would use the colored boxes as place holders for the sub-VI blocks. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,519 Views)

PhilipJoeP wrote:
Any suggestions?

Yes. Search for "change decoration color block diagram". This yields this thread, and in reply #4 there is a method described on how to do this.

EDIT: Note that I'm talking about using different kinds of decorations on the block diagram. Changing the border color is trivial as you can just use the paintbrush tool on the decoration border. 

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 06-16-2009 06:06 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,513 Views)
I responded to the other post.  Where is the paintbrush tool? i'm searching high and low and can't find it.  Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,506 Views)
Capture.JPG  Look in tools pallette. 
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 4 of 4
(4,503 Views)