Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change LabVIEW Registered Owner and Company

Solved!
Go to solution

@RavensFan wrote:

Nickerbocker,

Which OS are you using?  I'm using XP.  I don't see a c:\programdata folder even though I have my explorer set to show all hidden files and folders.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

I think that ProgramData in Windows XP is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

Run this VI and see what the results are:

ProgramData Snippit.png

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(2,279 Views)

Nice.  The c:\docs and settings\all users was the secret for XP.

Now I can fix that on a machine or two where I don't like the way it chose it.

Also, I see the S/N is stored in there.  It looks like that would be a good place to delete that so that you can hide the serial number on start in the event you take a screen shot or take a video of LV.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(2,263 Views)

(...)
Changing the keys specified in this article didn't work:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/955FF9EB1DEFCDCE86256AD900763026

(...)

While this might not work for newer LV versions, it worked perfectly for our old LV8.5 systems. On those, the folder LVProductDLLinfo does not exist in the OS-respective file system hierarchy. Changing the entries in those RegKeys solved the issue of modifying the splash screen info for LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(1,891 Views)

@hecmar.arreola wrote:

Ok, NI support helped me out on this one.  Updating the .ini file from within C:\ProgramData\ ... fixed the splash screen and also now when I create a new build my company name is auto-populated in the Version info.  Thanks, NI!

1) Navigate to C:\ ProgramData  
2) This folder is hidden and you must select Tools » Folder Options » View » Under ‘Files and Folders » ‘Hidden files and folders’ » check the ‘Show hidden files, folders, or drives » Select ‘ok’
3) Open ProgramData » National Instruments » LVProductDLLInfo » 12.0.0 » LabVIEW_ADE_120000.ini
4) Change the RegisteredOrganization = ‘xxxxxxx’ to the appropriate organization
5) Change the RegisteredOwner = ‘xxxxxxx’ to the appropriate owner

This will change the LabVIEW splash screen to the appropriate settings.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(1,848 Views)

Does anyone know how to do this for newer versions such as LabVIEW 2020? This worked for me for LabVIEW 2014, but there are no corresponding folders for the LabVIEW 2020 installation that I have.

Is there no way to change this information now besides activating the software with an ni.com account that has the name displayed exactly how you want it be? (https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8FeSAK&l=en-US)

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(1,554 Views)