From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caution - LabVIEW 2019 VISA Runtime Engine is not available yet

Solved!
Go to solution

But I'm saying that I don't send out the NI "single-package" installers.  I build an installer that includes those run-times as "additional installers".  Even if I don't include my own executable to be installed because I build a second installer that only contains my application.  I'm doing this with LabVIEW 2017 applications now.

I have no idea what "deployable license" is supposed to mean.  It's been a long time since I needed to create applications in LabVIEW 2013, but I don't recall any problems doing it or any hangups related to a deployable license.  If there was a glitch, perhaps it was something peculiar to your LabVIEW installation.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(590 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

But I'm saying that I don't send out the NI "single-package" installers.  I build an installer that includes those run-times as "additional installers".  Even if I don't include my own executable to be installed because I build a second installer that only contains my application.  I'm doing this with LabVIEW 2017 applications now.

I have no idea what "deployable license" is supposed to mean.  It's been a long time since I needed to create applications in LabVIEW 2013, but I don't recall any problems doing it or any hangups related to a deployable license.  If there was a glitch, perhaps it was something peculiar to your LabVIEW installation.

Here is the thread where I brought this up in 2013. What you describe is what I was doing, and it worked great before 2013 but my app would no longer run using that method with 2013. The more I think about it I'm probably using some component which depends on some other component which depends on the "deployable license", and just never tracked it down.

Like I say, I'm trying your method again in hopes the problem isn't a problem anymore (or was fixed by NI at some point?).

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(576 Views)

If I had to guess, the deployable license would be related to something like Vision, perhaps DSC module, OPC server, maybe Matlab or some simulation toolkit.

Good luck and I hope you have better success with 2019 than you had in 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(551 Views)
The way I did it is, for the first time you need to do the 993MB installer so that you can install all drivers using admin privileges on the host PC. After that you only need to build the executable files. Now you can share the smaller size EXE updates. I hope this helps you.
NI System Configuration:
- NI PXIe-1071, 4-Slot 3U PXI Express Chassis , 1 GB/Slot throughput, Part Number: 781368-01
- NI PXIe-PCIe8381,x8 Gen2 MXI-Express for PXI Express Interface,3m, Part Number: 782522-01
- PXIe-5160 PXI Oscilloscope, 500 MHz, 10 bits, 2.5 GS/s, 2 Channels, 64 MB, Part Number: 782621-01
- Astronics PXIe-1209 2-Channel, 100 MHz PXI Pulse Generator, Part Number: 785033-01
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(543 Views)
Yes! This is exactly what I did.
NI System Configuration:
- NI PXIe-1071, 4-Slot 3U PXI Express Chassis , 1 GB/Slot throughput, Part Number: 781368-01
- NI PXIe-PCIe8381,x8 Gen2 MXI-Express for PXI Express Interface,3m, Part Number: 782522-01
- PXIe-5160 PXI Oscilloscope, 500 MHz, 10 bits, 2.5 GS/s, 2 Channels, 64 MB, Part Number: 782621-01
- Astronics PXIe-1209 2-Channel, 100 MHz PXI Pulse Generator, Part Number: 785033-01
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(542 Views)
If you have a PC fail in the field, then you have no choice but to install every dependable driver from scratch. Which is the same as creating an installer bundle with run time drivers along with the EXE. How does it matter if you install the run time drivers independently or with the NI installer bundle ? You anyway have to do it from scratch.
NI System Configuration:
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(540 Views)

@asukumari wrote:
If you have a PC fail in the field, then you have no choice but to install every dependable driver from scratch. Which is the same as creating an installer bundle with run time drivers along with the EXE. How does it matter if you install the run time drivers independently or with the NI installer bundle ? You anyway have to do it from scratch.

I guess what we're saying is, it seems like maybe NI won't be supplying the runtime installer anymore, so now we have to send the entire NI-VISA out. It seems like overkill.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(527 Views)

@iannicholson wrote:

I guess what we're saying is, it seems like maybe NI won't be supplying the runtime installer anymore, so now we have to send the entire NI-VISA out. It seems like overkill.

Oh...... Now I understand. I missed the part about NI not going to release a runtime only. 

That really is a pain in the you know what, just like how you have to install the full VISA just to get the VISA Test Panel that used to be included with the runtime installer.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(521 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

@iannicholson wrote:

Oh...... Now I understand. I missed the part about NI not going to release a runtime only. 

That really is a pain in the you know what, just like how you have to install the full VISA just to get the VISA Test Panel that used to be included with the runtime installer.

It's a bit like downloading the Windows SDK, just to get access to the .NET Framework installer...

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(517 Views)