LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case structure grows when cycling cases or moving objects

If it's the case structure, can you post it?

If you delete everything in it, does it still have this behavior?

If not, what makes the difference?

This is probably something that can't be fixed with scripting. I suspect a mismatch between the case structure bounds or size, and (one of) it's diagram bounds or size. That would require heap manipulation to fix, causing the PW hash to be wrong, etc...

But, it's hard to tell without examination.

I would try to:

1) get all the case names with scripting,

2) manually replace the case with a stacked sequence structure,

3) optionally see if the problem still exists,

4) manually replace the sss back to a case structure,

5) use scripting to put the names back.

You can try 2) and 3) first, without bothering with 1). If 3) should that the sss has the problem, 4) and 5) are useless. If not, revert and try 1)..5).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(316 Views)

Upon further investigation it's not entirely the case structure's fault.

The case structure lives inside an event structure.

If I separate the case structure from the VI and copy the event structure and the case structure SEPARATELY to a new VI, I can switch between cases and events without this triggering any changes. I can also join the event and case structure as they were in the initial code, still no errors.

If I copy this functional event structure back to the initial VI, the switching between states/cases trigger a change/movement of objects.

I will now try to look at the loop the event structure is sitting in, but suspect this error has to be written off as a quirk, an I am looking at several hours of rebuilding the code.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(269 Views)