From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Structure

i have 4 cases in my case structure. after executing case 0, it will go to case 1. inside case 1, there is a Select function. if the input of the function is True, it will output a value of 0 which will be connected to a shift register then to the case selector; if the input is False, it should go to case 2. the problem is it stops doing anything after shift register pass the value to the case selector, it doesn't go to any case. and there is only case 1 having problem. Please help!

Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,936 Views)
In case 1, you missed the tunnel with your TRUE constant. Drag that tunnel away and you'll see one connection going to the while loop condition and another going to your TRUE. Rewire the constant.

Daniel L. Press
PrimeTest Corp.
www.primetest.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,936 Views)
What you've done is create two output tunnels from your case structure. Cases 0,2, and 4 have the constants wired to the while loop terminator, but case 1 has the constant wired to a different output terminal that doesn't go anywhere so the default condition of false terminates the while loop.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,936 Views)
I would slightly modify your while loop condition so that you can avoid minor issues like the one that you have. Change the condition for while loop to stop on true. Wire the constant 'T' only from cases where you want to stop the loop. The default being 'F' will let the while loop run for the remaning cases.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,936 Views)
To: Photon Dan, Dennis Knutson and Anand S R

Thank you all for your help!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,936 Views)
So why did you give Dan and me such low ratings?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,936 Views)
i didn't give those ratings...
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,936 Views)
I feel that the rating system in its current form is quite unclear and unecessary.

I just made some comments OVER HERE in the Feedback section.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,936 Views)