cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Statement doesn't switch.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm having an odd problem with a case statement.  I'm passing is a Boolean that is false but the case statement never switches over to the 'false' loop.  I have attached a word doc that has the screen shot of this being single stepped through.  The top picture has the case being highlighted with the probe #8 next to it indicating "False".  In the lower screen shot is the very next step that is highlighting the outer 'while loop' but the case statement is still 'True'.  Has anyone seen this before?

Gary Tyrna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,471 Views)

Hello ggaryT,

Is the problem that you aren't seeing the case structure switch over? That won't happen unless highlight execution is on at the top of the screen. Or, is the code in the false case not executing?

-Mello

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,458 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ggaryt

Hi Mello,

Well I see what you are saying and you are correct the problem with it is the case statement works when highlight execution.  But I have a main case statement in the loop that either allows the state machine loops to execute or hides them and that case switches during single stepping to true or false.  So that was the reason I sent the first e-mail since I could see that case change but not the smaller one.  But if that is the fix well I'll run with it and use the execution highlight to see the case statement switch.

Thanks Again.

Gary Tyrna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,442 Views)