LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card compatibility

Hello,
We have an old National Instrument 180212-01 REV A with S/N 46529. I am wondering if I can use it with windows 98 and what drivers i need.
Thank you very much

Regards
Shaun
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,665 Views)
Shaun,

It'll be difficult to fully answer your question without a bit more information about the board. Although the part number (180212-01) is useful, if you have the actual model of the board, I'll be able to provide a bit more information regarding support under Windows 98. Usually the model number of the board is printed on the PCB (examples might include AT-MIO-16E-10 or PCI-GPIB).

NI staff can perform a part number query based on the information that you supply should you not be able to determine the model of the board that you have.

Jeremy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,665 Views)
Hi,

You're right, it is usually easier to work with the model of the board. In any case, part# 180212-01 is the GPIB-PCII/IIA. This board is supported in Windows 98 with the NI-488.2 driver version 1.7. You can check it yourself at:

http://www.ni.com/support/gpib/versions.htm

DiegoF
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,665 Views)
Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for reply. I asked the NI company and they claim that it does not work with windows 9x because it is too old.It is a GPIB-PCII/IIA board.

Regards
Shaun
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,665 Views)

Hello Shaun,

do you still have the old 180212 card? I use it on a DOS application.

kind regards hanss

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,080 Views)
I am quite sure I ran one of those card with windows 98 and Labview 6.1. Finding a PC with a ISA buss might be a bigger problem.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,059 Views)

Hi ,

I have said card and am  looking for some 98 Drivers .  have resurrected an archaic 98 machine with an ISA slot. 

There are a whole bunch of descriptions of cards  , unfortunately i don't know what the decription of the card is .... AT-GPIB    AT-GPIB/TNT   AT-GPIB/TNT (PnP)    AT-GPIB/TNT+

Basically i'm doing some project work at home with the aim of controlling a wavetek 4808 precision source. I purchased a GPIB to USB converter but the software that it intefaces with cant see it ( not NI )and i'm guessing that it's not looking for a port more something on the bus

this IEEE 488 is new to me at least !!  Card bought from eBay on a bit of a punt , on the face of it it looks like a fail .. any info at this point will help 

TIA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,917 Views)