From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canot find target cRIO/ IO in project explorer

Hi, 

I cannot find taget hardware cRIO in LabVIEW project explorer. I have installed all necessary software (FPGA, realtime, RIO). I can see the IO's in Distributed Manager but i cannot see it in MAX or Project explorer.

Let me knwo if anyone faced this issue and what was the solution?

Best,

AJ 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,675 Views)

There are a lot of troubleshooting steps in this article.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABE4BC247E8AC9BC8625734E005CAB42

I would first make sure the target shows up in NI MAX and then work in LabVIEW after. If you are using 15.0 RIO drivers or later you can right click remote devices and launch the target discovery wizard which will do most of the above automatically so I would start there. If you are using an earlier version I usually just direct connect the RIO and start it up into safe mode. If you cannot see the device in NI MAX at that point I would change your computer's ip to the 169.254.x.x subnet which usually puts it in contact with the cRIO.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,653 Views)

I tried the remote discovery tool, it doesnot show any problem. Btw cRIO was discoverable from beginnng, but the IO or additioanl modules which might be the reason i cannot see target in the project explorer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,632 Views)

"i cannot see target in the project explorer."

Did you try to add the target to your project? You have to add manually first the target to your project, it will not appear there automatically.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370622K-01/lvrthowto/addingrttargets_lvproject/

add_target.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,625 Views)

Well, thats the thing, i dont have a target option. This is what i find in Labview project explorer:

Right Click > New > New.. > Blank VI

So there is no option to select target. 

Note: I have checked in NI Distributed System Manager, i can see all the module and target hardware.

I have FPGA, Realtime Module installed along with NIRIO 15.5 for cRIO 9025, with labview SP1 2015

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,618 Views)

This what I see after right click in project explorer on "My Computer" (did you install all necessary device drivers?):

targets1.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,612 Views)

@weeke wrote:

Well, thats the thing, i dont have a target option. This is what i find in Labview project explorer:

Right Click > New > New.. > Blank VI

So there is no option to select target. 

Note: I have checked in NI Distributed System Manager, i can see all the module and target hardware.

I have FPGA, Realtime Module installed along with NIRIO 15.5 for cRIO 9025, with labview SP1 2015

Right Click on the PROJECT level, not the "My Computer".  Then you will see a New->Targets and Devices.  This is also assuming you have the correct cRIO drivers installed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,606 Views)