LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view multiple of the same Power Supply (sorenson DLM600-6.6e) within NI MAX using GPIB-USB-HS+

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all, newbie here and I am trying to get multiple of the same power supply to be read in NI MAX. I am only ever able to receive a correct *IDN? if I have a single powersupply connected. When multiple power supplies are connected, I receive a line of gibberish and cannot interact with any of the supplies.

I have 16 power supplies total that I am attempting to connect to. I have tried going down to just 2, but I still get the same issue. They are connected together via 0.5meter gpib cords. As far as I know, I should only have to hit "scan instruments" to see the list populated with all power supplies. But for some reason, NI MAX will only recognize a single instrument and attempt to put the information from all connected instruments into that one.

I double checked the addressing on the dip switches on the back of each supply, and they are all unique, starting from "0001" to "1000". The address of my GPIB-USB-HS+ is 0. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,049 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hamiltonhamburgler

Did you check to make sure they're all in "Master" mode?  If all or all but one are in "Slave" mode they're probably detecting each other on the bus and reporting as one big unit.  It should be one of the DIP switches in the back.

Message 2 of 3
(2,044 Views)

Yup! That was exactly it. I made the mistake of putting the first one in master, and the rest in slave. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,014 Views)