LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select/delete indicators

Solved!
Go to solution

I have two indications, a text box and a slider (progress bar) that are on my front panel that I cannot delete.  These two indicators used to be on the front panel itself but I moved them onto a tab control a couple of weeks ago.  Today I went to move them and I cannot select or delete them.  If I select them from the block diagram and hit delete, nothing happes -- no warning, no error, no delete!  If I double click on the indicators on the front panel, the tab terminal is highlighted on the block diagram.

Any thoughts on how to delete these things?

Thanks-

-dennis.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,006 Views)

If you could post your VI, it would be a lot easier for people to either see the problem. You can just create a copy and delete everything except for those indicators/tab control.

Are your indicators floating over the tabs or in a specific one?

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,004 Views)

Funny you should mention that -- I just created a copy of the VI where I deleted everything from the application except for the two indicators and the tab control.  I saved the VI, close it, and re-opened it.  In this copy I can now select and delete the indicators.

I cannot delete these from the block diagram still.  I noticed that I have the two indicators grouped together; this prevents deleting from the block diagram.  I'm going to see if I can ungroup them from my original app.

The indicators are in a specific tab.
Message Edited by dwj314 on 03-24-2009 03:17 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,001 Views)
No luck ungrouping in the original app since I cannot select the indicators on the front panel.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,990 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dwj314

Fixed it but I don't know why.

1. I created Property Nodes (Position) for each indicator. 

2. I changed the position of each indicator while the app was running (I put the property nodes inside of a loop).  

3. I can now select the indicators, delete, or do anything I want with them.

Bizarre!

Message 5 of 8
(4,970 Views)

Just ran into the same issue with some grouped boolean indicators co-located on a page of a tab control.  Setting positions via property nodes and then navigating to delete them didn't work.  Best way to solve it was to right click the indicator in question on the block diagram, change to constant, and then delete.  

Message 6 of 8
(4,466 Views)

Could either of you post your code? and let me know which version of LabVIEW you're using and on what OS? 

I'd like to see if I can re-create this issue.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,449 Views)

Here I found a solution for that:

go to your front pannel and press (Ctrl + A) to select everything, then click group, then do the same but this time click ungroup. do exactly the same thing with lock and unlock, after that your problem will be gone.

good luck.

Message 8 of 8
(4,334 Views)