LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see what's in the block diagram

Hi,

There is a portion of the block diagram i am not able to see. How do I fix it ?

The part I cant see is the part in the black box.

Thanksquestion.png

Message 1 of 9
(3,594 Views)

Hi S.,

There is a portion of the block diagram i am not able to see.

It's the LabVIEW way of telling you "Your BD is way too big!"

😄

In the navigation window you can guess the size of the BD: the visible part is ~1/50 of the whole size. Ridiculous!

Please check the BD size using the "Profile" tools and tell us your investigation result…

How do I fix it ?

Create a copy (or backup) of your VI.

Then clean up! Create subVIs!

In the end your BD should fit within ONE SCREEN!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 9
(3,573 Views)

The LV IDE is buggy.

Yes, the BD is large.  No, LV should not bug out trying to display what's there.  I disagree that the root problem is the size of the BD.  The problem is that LV allows you to do things which itself cannot handle.  I run into problems like this every day.  If I can create diagrams that large in LV, LV should display them.  Otherwise it should prevent me from making such diagrams.  Period.

Try selecting everything using Ctrl-A and then moving everything to the left (keeping shift pressed so that it goes a bit faster).  If that fails, try copying everything "Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C" and then pasting to a new VI "Ctrl-V".  That helps sometimes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,521 Views)

@S.Neo wrote:

[...]

The part I cant see is the part in the black box.

How do you know it's in there?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,518 Views)

The Preview pane shows something there.  Not much, but more than is visible on the actual BD.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,511 Views)

Intaris's idea to try to move all the code to the left should work.  These problems with unseen code seem to show up if the code gets too far away from the origin.  Not so much a "block diagram is too big" problem, but that the block diagram components have coordinates that are too large.

Here is a thread describing the problem a little better.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-block-diagram-icons-became-invisible/m-p/1119693

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,491 Views)

I tried pressing ctrl and A tgt but it doesn't select all. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,453 Views)

Sorry, Please ignore my previous msg. But is there a way to redefine the origin?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,445 Views)