From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot regulate velocity of AKD controlled by cRIO through Interactive Test Panel

Dear all,

I am trying to control the AKM32H‐ ANCNC‐00 motor with the AKD P00606 NAAN 0000 servo drive from Kollmorgen. I am using CRIO 9074 controller and NI 9516 as drive interface module.

I have created a LabVIEW Project (LabVIEW 2018) and have add an NI Softmotion Axis. I have configured my C series modules using the Axis Configuration dialog box according to the “Getting Started with NI 9514/16 C Series Modules and AKD Servo Drives” guide of NI.

After that I configured the Drive in AKD Workbench also according to the guide and the characteristics of my motor (Torque Mode is used).

Then as instructed by the guide I went back on the interactive test panel in LabVIEW to test if the motor is working properly.

I have tried to test the motor both at relative and absolute motion at various target positions and move constraints.  The position error limit is set at 1000 Revolutions.

Whatever settings I choose for velocity in move constraints, I always get a velocity of 7-8 revs/sec. The profile complete status turns green when the set velocity reaches the target position but the motor continuous to spin until the position error limit is reached and it stops.

Changing the Gains through the Gain Tuning panel change anything.

I have to note that several times I have to rotate the motor by hand to start.

The encoder works fine since I have tried manually to rotate the motor and the encoder signal I get on the Interactive test panel is accurate.

I also have to note that The Hardware Enable Signal is shown to be not enabled on Workbench even though the brown cable of X8 connector is connected to pin 4 as suggested in the installation guide. On the other hand the motor receives a signal to start from CRIO so I guess this is not an issue.

I am stuck for several days and would be extremely grateful if you could suggest me how to proceed from this point in order to manage to control the speed and to avoid getting this position error.

Please let me know if u need any extra information.

Kind Regards,

Georgios  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,317 Views)

Dear all,

It’s the second time I post on the topic the last weeks, but now with some updated information that might be useful for some of you.

I am trying to control the AKM32H‐ ANCNC‐00 motor with the AKD P00606 NAAN 0000 servo drive from Kollmorgen. I am using CRIO 9074 controller and NI 9516 as drive interface module.

I have created a LabVIEW Project (LabVIEW 2018) and have add an NI Softmotion Axis. I have configured my C series modules using the Axis Configuration dialog box according to the “Getting Started with NI 9514/16 C Series Modules and AKD Servo Drives” guide of NI.

After that I configured the Drive in AKD Workbench also according to the guide and the characteristics of my motor. The Motor is functioning properly using the Kollmorgen Workbench software.

Then as instructed by the guide I went back on the interactive test panel in LabVIEW to test if the motor is working properly. The motor is enabled properly as depicted on the Interactive test Panel but is not responding to the move profiles I am trying to implement.

When I set the AKD Servo Drive on Torque mode and press the Start button at the Interactive test panel the motor spins at a constant speed (whatever the settings) until I receive a position error.

When I set the AKD Servo Drive on Position or Velocity mode the Motor shaft is blocked even when I press the Start button and I get no motion at all no matter what settings I use on the control panel.

The encoder works fine since I have tried manually to rotate the motor and the encoder signal response I get on the Interactive test panel is accurate (Torque Mode).

I am really stuck for 2+ weeks now and would really appreciate if someone could give me a hint on how to proceed from this point.

Kind Regards,

Georgios  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,268 Views)

I've merged your threads to keep the posts together.  In the future when providing additional information on a topic, please don't create a new message thread.  Reply to original thread.

Message 3 of 3
(1,217 Views)