LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot read current when setting Keithley 2400 as a voltage source?

Hi, I hope to use Labview to control the Keithley 2400 to measure the current while applying a voltage. I could set the voltage and measure it, but when I used "SENS:FUNC:ON CURR" and "MEAS:CURR", but it kept give me the voltage value instead of the current value. I hope to read one current value after I set the voltage. Is there anything else I should set before I use SENS? What could be the problem?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,307 Views)

Just to be sure, you are not testing with a 1Ohm resistance, right?

Best regards,

Jarle Ekanger, MSc, PhD, CLD
Flow Design Bureau AS

- "The resistance of wires in LabVIEW is not dependent on their length."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,301 Views)

And you also realize that you need to connect a meter in series to measure current, and in parallel to measure voltage, right?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,289 Views)

Actually, according to the manual, the Keithley 2400 has both the current meter and voltage meter connected in the correct manner internally. So all the user has to do is connect his circuit to the correct ports.

Best regards,

Flow Design Bureau AS

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,276 Views)

Hi, I'm facing the same issue. Were you able to solve it? Please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,463 Views)

@severus13 wrote:

Hi, I'm facing the same issue. Were you able to solve it? Please let me know.

This is a 10+ year old discussion and already offers potential solutions. Did you follow them?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,455 Views)

Hi. I was not able to find them. Though I'll admit I haven't searched very hard. Could you please direct me towards a solution? I will end up saving lot of time.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,449 Views)

Considering this is not equipment I ever used, I'm willing to guess it was a pretty easy job to find the manual 10 years ago. I haven't printed it and put it in my library. It is Friday evening on my side of the Atlantic, so I suggest you use my explicit refusal to Google **bleep** for you to have a look at the documentation and figure out why your circuit is not wired correctly yourself.

Best regards,

Flow Design Bureau AS

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,434 Views)

Go here:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=25B255F3AA83660EE0440003BA7CCD...

Download the premade LabVIEW drivers for the 24xx series.  They come with example code... I'd start with "Keithley 24XX Read Single.vi" in the Examples folder and see if that does what you want.

If it does work, then you can either modify the example and use that, or at the very least you can look at the sequence of setup commands the example sends and see which options to set that you were missing or doing incorrectly.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,427 Views)