LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot read DIO of sbRIO9606

Hi,

I am using sbRIO9606 with NI9694 digital IO breakout RMC. I am trying to make SPI communication ready on this board.

So, I started with the basic DIO operation like, read and write signals on the DIO. When I write some data onto the DIO, I am able to

monitor the same on the scope. The same channel is connected to another DIO, from where I am not able toread in the program.

I am getting all zero. All these I am doing on the FPGA VI. I am plotting the DIO data read on a chart, which I am gettign all Zeros.

Am I missing any DIO confiiguration or any flaws in the VI.

Any help is appreciated.

Capture.PNG

Thanks in Advance,

Yogesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,839 Views)

FPGA will be very fast that you cannot see different from frontpanel. I'd recommend you to drive a VI to manual control DIO to check whether the signal line work properly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,826 Views)

Hi KateB,

I have tried this method also.

I tried connecting a boolean control to the IO node. The node which is output is generating the pulse, but cannot read the same from the input DIO.

Capture.PNG

Thanks and Regards,

Yogesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,815 Views)

I am trying to figure out how to "add" the RMC connector to my project so that I can access the RMC DIO lines.

the sbRIo Eval kit and project examples show Connector o and Connector 1. These are both of the "top" of the board.  How do I create a connector for the RMC so that I can "assign" signals" to the 96 DIO?

Thanks.

Phil  

Phillip Palmer, PhD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,740 Views)

Hi Phillip,

Here are some quick pictures illustrating the process of adding the RMC connector:

1. Right-click on the FPGA Target of your RMC-enabled sbRIO target and choose New » RIO Mezzanine Card...

pic1.png

2. If you just want the digital lines of the RMC, select Digital as the 'Type'.

pic2.png

3. Once you select 'OK', it will add all of the lines to your project.

pic3.png

Tannerite
National Instruments
Message 5 of 10
(3,735 Views)

Tannerite,

I tried doing this with my 9636.  However, I don't have the option available fo rthe RIo Mezzanine Card...  I also tried going into the FPGA I/O but only have access to :

Chassis Temp

System Reset

FPGA LED

Scan Clock

Is in possible I have an improper dependencies file? I am using the 9636-sbRIO than came with the eval kit. And I am using "Build Specification" from Excersize 2.

Thanks,

Phil 

Phillip Palmer, PhD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,725 Views)

I noticed something that you posted before. "RMC-enabled"... I have an RMC connector on my board, but I am not sure it is "enabled".

Phil

Phillip Palmer, PhD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,724 Views)

Hi Phillip,

The sbRIO-9636 does not have a RIO Mezzanine Card (RMC). What I mean by RMC-enabled, is that there are some sbRIOs that have an RMC connector and there are some that don't. The full list of devices that have an RMC connector is listed in the user manual:

Table1.PNG

The connectors on the sbRIO-9636 are called J502, and J503. Those are IDC connectors and are shown as Connector 0 and 1, respectively. That is why your project does not allow you to add an RMC. If you add an sbRIO-9605/06/23/26 to your project, it will give you the option of adding the RMC. I hope this clears things up!

Tannerite
National Instruments
Message 8 of 10
(3,711 Views)

Also, the RMC connector is actually on the backside of the sbRIO (opposite side as the IDC connectors). Here is a picture of an sbRIO-9626 that has an RMC connector:

pic1.png

Tannerite
National Instruments
Message 9 of 10
(3,709 Views)

Tannerite,

Well, now don't I feel silly!!

I have a 9626 on my desk and saw the RMC conncetor in the back.  But I was connected to a 9636 and assumed it also had a RMC on the back!!

I was able to configure the 9626 with the RMC connector as you specified above.  Thanks for the help.

Phil 

Phillip Palmer, PhD
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,698 Views)