LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot purge bad data from Citadel

Somehow, when fooling around with the windows clock I managed to timestamp some citadel data points to the year 2100.  I have tried to purge this data by using the archiving

capabilities in MAX.  By setting the end date in the archiving tool to the current time I thought I would be able to have  a subset of data that would not include the bad data points.

But this did not work.  Neither did archiving from the current time to the last timestamp and selected delete from source archive.   I ended up just making a complete backup of the database and 

then completely purging the working archive.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,480 Views)

Hi sachsm,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble with getting rid of those future data points.  I've attached a VI that I came up with that should be able to copy a subset of a trace to a new trace.  In this way you can copy the data points you would like to keep to a new trace.  After that, you can archive or delete the old one.  I've tested this on a small trace I have, but I would ensure that you have all of the data you need in the copy before deleting the old trace.

*The blank cluster in the image didn't come through for some reason, but it is a constant created from the time interval input.

Message Edited by jareds on 06-17-2010 09:19 AM
Jared S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,442 Views)