LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open daq assistant in labview

I'm using Labview 2020 right now, and I have installed the NI-daqmx already. But when I try to open the daq assistant in my labview program to edit the properties, I find I cannot open it. And after I click the daq icon, the labview seems stucked. I cannot do choose anything in labview, and even cannot close it. When I try to click something in labview, my laptop just have a warning sound.

I have another computer, where have same edition of labview installed, and I can open edit the daq assistant at that computer. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,111 Views)

What version of DAQmx did you install on this PC?

Are you sure you installed it AFTER LabVIEW?

Otherwise it seems like a corrupted DAQmx install.  I'd try repairing it, or uninstalling and reinstalling.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,082 Views)

Thanks. The version Daqmx is also 20.0.0. It's download at the same time with the labview, as right now the labview softwares are installed together in the NI package manager. I would try to reinstall them first.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,071 Views)

Okay.  Just checking you have correct version.  And it doesn't sound like you did anything wrong.

At some point I expect Bob to see this thread and comment on experiences he has had over the last few years.  Myself, I'm fortunate to haven't had the issues he has had.

But one thing he would tell you, and I'd recommend, is don't do everything at one time.  You said you downloaded and installed them together.  I'd break it up into sections.

Download just LabVIEW first and install that.  Get through all the reboots.

Then install any add-ons you might have.  Get through all the reboots.

Drivers need to go last.  So install them after you've done the above.  Get through the reboots.

Things like DAQmx drivers get installed after LabVIEW.  If you did them before, then it doesn't know your LabVIEW version exists to install into because you hadn't installed it yet.  This rule has applied to long before the advent of the NI Package Manager.  Ideally, installing them at the same SHOULD work.  But who's to say there is some conflict in the order of operations during the install that something in DAQmx gets installed before its requisite LabVIEW part.

Good luck with the reinstall.  And do it in parts.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,066 Views)