LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make vertical axis of intensity graph logarithmic

Has anyone else noticed that that the vertical axis on intensity charts cannot be made logarithmic? Labview gives you the option, but doesn't do anything when you try and check the box. Property nodes don't seem to work either. Tried this in LabVIEW 2011 SP1 and 2013. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a feature that isn't avaiable? I am just wondering if its my install or something that is really an issue.

My application is to plot the power spectrum of sound on a intensity chart to show history of sound recorded by a microphone in real time. Really good to pin point source frequencies of feedback.

Amit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,285 Views)

Hi Amit,

This is a documented problem with LabVIEW and it is currently being worked on. Here are a couple other Forums that discuss it and offer workarounds for this issue.

Log scale in an Intensity graph

Possible bug in Intensity Graph while using interpolate colors on a Log scale

Intensity Graph - Mapping Mode

As shown in the 'Possible Bug' link above, a Corrective Action Request has been filed under the number 453407 as soon as a couple of weeks ago. To fully answer your question, it is not your install or anything like that, just an issue NI knows about and will be working on for future releases.

Douglas Choisnet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,242 Views)