From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login in LabView 2017 Launcher

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

yesterday I installed LabView 2017.

Unfortunately I cannot evaluate or activate LabView by signing in with my account, because the login just doesn't work. Every time the login window shows up, I try to login, but as soon as I press "LOG IN" an error occurs (as seen in error.png).

I then have to go on www.ni.com/extendedevaluation/ and login with my account so manually evaluate my computer. Having entered the code I can launch LabView.

If I try to activate my license I am having the same problem.

Does anybody have equal login problems and/or knows a solution?

It is really annoying to me to do every step each time I want to launch LabView again.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,103 Views)

Hi Leo,

why don't you discuss licensing issues with your local NI sales rep?

Have you tried to give (and store) your credentials with the NI LicenseManager?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,100 Views)

Hi,

I think you have the same error as this person, take a look

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-2012-Installation-Error-Connecting-to-Server/td-p/3320492

Nice day for you

"Don't be silly. I'm a fan of anything that tries to replace actual human contact." Sheldon cooper
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,085 Views)

Hi,

thanks for your advice.

I also found the solution you sent me.

I tried on different PC with different user but it didnt work unfortunately. 

Maybe NI had a problem serverwise, I am going to try again later today.

Sincerely

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,039 Views)

Windows 10? Firewall? Company network settings? Recently I installed LV at my work laptop, but could not activate through the work network. But it went fine at home. Same for the system drivers downloads. Downloading 10GB at home, no problem. At work it got stuck.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,033 Views)

Good point.

This seems to be the problem, I cannot see whats exactly going on due to company network settings.

I am using windows 10.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,030 Views)

seems there are quite a few issues with Windows 10, all this fool proof safety stuff and the settings are hard to find. These where the days, when format c:\ was one of the main options when putting the install media in....

But not just that, you better have a read, there are troubles with XILINX and other things and Windows 10, even in LV17. maybe go back to Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,026 Views)

The activation still didn´t work.

I was able to get an activation code by entering my PC`s hardware code on a second device.

NI product activation

When I tried to activate LabVIEW using this code I get an activation error. Does anybody know, what this could possibly be?

Also I tried using the NI License manager 4.0. It seems like this doesn´t work either, because I can´t login as described in the first post.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,965 Views)

Hello,

I tried activating my license using the NI product activation by inserting my computer ID.

When I enter my code to activate LabVIEW I get an activation error. (no further error description)

Does anybody know, what causes this problem?

I also tried to use the NI license manager 4.0, but I cannot login there either; I have the same error as I described in the first post.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,966 Views)

Hello,

I tried activating my license using the NI product activation by inserting my computer ID.

When I enter my code to activate LabVIEW I get an activation error. (no further error description)

Does anybody know, what causes this problem?

I also tried to use the NI license manager 4.0, but I cannot login there either; I have the same error as I described in the first post.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,966 Views)