LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot locate FPGA target in project manager

Hi,

I  have LabVIEW 8.0, FPGA8.0, RT 8.0, NI-RIO 1.1 & PCI 7831R & MAX 4.1. I had no problem locating PCI7831R in MAX, however I couldnt find PCI 7831R in the project manager. I try installing in Labview 8.2 but the same problem occur. 
Finally, I found out it might be due to the NI RIO version. When I try to install NI RIO 2.0, an error 'install RT run time 5.5' appeared.
Is there something I had miss out?

Best Regards,
Alex oh 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,718 Views)
Alex,

You are correct in installing RIO 2.0 with your LabVIEW 8.0 environment.  However, what order did you install your software in?  The order should be LabVIEW -> Modules -> Drivers, so you should have installed LabVIEW 8.0, then RT and FPGA 8.0, then your RIO driver and the other drivers on the devices and drivers CD.  If you have installed in this order, then you may want to try installing RIO 2.1.3, as this is the latest version.  It is normal that the device would not show up in LabVIEW 8.2 since it doesn't look like you have installed RT or FPGA for 8.2. 

If you receive the same error with the RIO 2.1.3 driver, then you may want to check your installation of LabVIEW Real Time, and you may want to repair the installation.  If all else fails, then you may want to uninstall LabVIEW, it's toolkits and drivers and install them again in the proper order.  I hope this helps.
Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(4,675 Views)

Hi,

Thanks alot it helps. I manage to install it.

Alex oh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,810 Views)