LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot load help information

I am using LabVIEW 2016.  When trying to save an existing vi I am getting the following message: Cannot Load Help Information of "xxx.vi".  I can only cancel the save which means that I cannot save my vi.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,363 Views)

A quick search in the forum tells that VI could be corrupted. Please try some suggestions from here and here.

Let us know how it goes.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,315 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately it didn't help.  My vi wasn't there to recover.  I will try to cut and paste when it happens in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,308 Views)

I know this is an older thread, but I had this issue and was able to solve it in my case.  I ended up copying the block diagram to a new vi, but when I did, one piece of code would not copy.  No matter how many different ways I tried, it just wouldn't work.  Of course, this was what was causing the saving problem in the first place.  I deleted that one piece of code and successfully saved and then just reconstructed that part.  Problem was solved.

Randall Pursley
Message 4 of 5
(2,982 Views)

I had similar case. One piece of code cannot be copied. And I find that "File Dialog Express VI" was broken. After I replaced it with a new and good "File Dialog Express VI", I can copy or even save the original vi.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,966 Views)