From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install because of previous version?

I just purchased the book, Labview 8 student edition, for a class I'm enrolled in this semester and I am unable to install the software included.

The installer starts and then quicky stops indicating that: "You have a different  language edition of LabVIEW 8.2 already installedYou must uninstall that edition before you can install the english edition

Click ok and installation exists.

I searched add/remove programs, the program file directory and did a full search as wellThere are no other versions or installationsI've never installed this product beforeI've spent hours trying to figure out this error.

I've ensured no other programs where open while it was installingI did a system and registry clean-up as wellNothing has workedPlease advise.

Nick

Nick

Starving Student
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31
(4,314 Views)
Are you trying to install this under Linux with WINE? That error has been reported to come up when trying that.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
(4,296 Views)

Hi Gnaw,

This error may be caused by restrictions placed on your system by spyware blocking software or your antivirus. Turn off your antivirus and any spyware blocking software and try the installation again.
Also, you can try to copy the entire contents of the CD to a folder on the hard disk and then run the installer.
While copying over the contents of the CD, make sure that you select the option Show Hidden Folders so that you are able to copy all the folders on the CD.
Let me know what happens.

Regards,

Message Edité par Steve Mohamed le 01-09-2009 11:25 AM
Steve M.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(4,268 Views)

I'm running windows XP.

Nick

Nick

Starving Student
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
(4,239 Views)

I have no spyware or antivirus.  This is my personal laptop.  I will attempt to copy the CD and run...

Nick

Nick

Starving Student
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31
(4,238 Views)

Copying the CD to my HD and runing the setup.exe has the same results.

Anyone else?

Nick

Nick

Starving Student
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
(4,235 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried to install this software on another computer? It is possible that your install CD is corrupted.

Regards,

Steve M.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31
(4,202 Views)

You can also try reinstalling the latest version of Windows Installer (MSI installer) from Microsoft and see if that fixes the problem.

Regards,

Steve M.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(4,189 Views)

The installation works on other computers.

It's not the CD as I have tried to install this on the laptop using a classmates' cd which gave the same results.

Nick

Starving Student
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31
(4,150 Views)
I will attempt this and post results.
Nick

Starving Student
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31
(4,148 Views)