From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install because of previous version?

Hi Nick!

Have you ever had National Instruments software on your laptop?  Even a Run-Time Engine?  

Also, would you be able to post your email, so I can help you further? Thanks!

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(1,623 Views)

Hi Nick!

A couple more questions for you:

Are you able to install any other programs on your laptop? Windows security updates?

Another customer had the same error message and it was due to a problem with his Windows Installer, which he discovered when trying to install windows security updates.  Here is a link describing the Windows Installer issue and how to fix it: http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=2123

I hope this helps!

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(1,608 Views)

Hi Kristen!

Sorry I've been busy with exams.  I hope I can have this software installed and running for my DMAC class soon.

Email address:  nickstransky@hotmail.com

As, per your question regarding a prior installation,  there may have been a point two years ago when I found a copy of labview and was curious as to what it was and I may have installed it.  BUT, this was along time ago and since then have formated this machine a number of times (every three months).

Any other suggestions are appreciated. In the mean time I will look into this windows security issue.

Nick 

Nick

Starving Student
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(1,595 Views)

Hi Nick!

When you format are you re-imaging from a previous image or completely reformating, where you have nothing at all on the drive?  

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31
(1,581 Views)

Nope, no re-imaging or ghosting here.  Formated old school.

Nick

Nick

Starving Student
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31
(1,570 Views)

Hi Nick,

By formatting do you mean you have reinstalled the operating system and the drivers? Are you able to install all system drivers correctly--this sounds like there could be a possibility of corrupt hardware on the laptop. 

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31
(1,546 Views)

Ipshita_c,

Formatted as in: format c: /q

Partitioned hard drive into three segments

segment 1: Filesystem NTFS, reinstalled/updated Windows XP, all device drivers updated and installed as well.  No hardware conflictions or warnings

segment 2: FAT32, Fedora Installation

Segment 3: FAT32, Work documents and personal file storage.

Nick

Starving Student
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31
(1,538 Views)

Hi Nick!

Any news about the windows installer?  

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(1,522 Views)

Having the same problem on a machine that has never had LabVIEW installed on it before.  Any updates on this?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 31
(1,146 Views)

This is quite an old thread, so how "same" is your problem exactly?

• LabVIEW version you are trying to install?
  • Exact OS version?

Did you try any of the suggestions mentioned in this thread?

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(1,132 Views)