LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot identify the terminal type

I builded an array with 8 cluster reference and created an indicator (see array.png). But the error list told that the indicator is undefined (see error list.png).

But I have done the same thing in another VI several days ago, there is no error.

What is the problem of my program?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,195 Views)

You check whether all the reference are valid are not and then if any one of the ref is invalid then find it and check the problem with that cluster. The details clearly says that the cluster contains empty element just follow the procedure given in details.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,191 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

But I don't know how to check whether it is valid or not. I just copied the first cluster I build, so if the first one is valid, all the cluster should be valid.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,186 Views)

No its not like that. you can have the reference even if it is invalid and that is the one you need to check. But before that remove the cluster that is empty then your problem will get solved.

See the attached image for chekcing the reference is valid or not.

Valid reference.PNG

Good luck

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,169 Views)

This cannot be analyzed form a few pictures. Please attach the actual VI.

Are there other controls with the same name? What is your LabVIEW version?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,168 Views)

I found the problem. I used 'bundle by name' to set the value of the clusters. One of the terminals is unwired (the third error in error list). After I removed it, there is no error.

Thank you very much for your help.

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,160 Views)

That explains the third error in your list. I don't see how it can explain the first two errors.

There has to be more to this than what you disclosed so far.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,141 Views)