From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot configure SCXI 1102 in parrallel mode

Hi all...

I have a little problem, i have a system made of 3 Daqmx cards : 2 PXI-6254 and 1 PXI-6229. these cards are linked to SCXI modules. The acquisition of the data are done in parrell i.e. the first PXI 6254 is linked to 2 SCXI-1125, the 2nde PXI-6254 is linked to one SCXI 1125 and one SCXI 1102B and the third one is linked to one SCXI 1180 and one SCXI 1102...

So i defined 3 different Daqmx Task in MAX (one for each DAQmx card) and i configured the SCXI rack.. but when i try to configure the SCXI 1102 B or the SCXI 1102  i CAN'T choose the parrallel mode i can only choose multiplexed mode... and therefore, when i run my application, i have the following error:

Error -200619 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:6

Possible reason(s):

Measurements: Chassis cannot be used for more than one scanning operation at the same time.

Do only one scanning operation, or combine multiple scanning operations into a single operation.

Can't anybody explain me why ???

Thanks a lot for your futures answers ...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,564 Views)

Hi,

SCXI 1102 cannot be configured in parallel Mode. see here

Probably thats the reasor for error -200619

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,559 Views)

Hi devchander, thanks for your quick answer,

Hmm.. that's what i thought.. but does it means that i have to configure all my cards in multiplexed mode ??? If that's the solution, i only need one Daqmx card to read all SCXI channels....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,557 Views)

Not necssarily, You can have parallel mode for other SCXI modules while acquiring from SCXI 1102 in multiplexed mode

See this Link

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,554 Views)
hi thanks again for your answer...

ok i think i understood, you can mix parrallel and multiplexed acquisition but only one DAQ device must acquire all multiplexed SCXI devices... i change the parameters in MAX and it seems to work... Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,549 Views)