From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Install Labview 8.5.1

Hi,

I am trying to install labView 8.5.1, I downloaded the installer from NI web and when I try to install,Capture.PNGthis jumps out so I just clicked "later" because we do not have any NI hardware. However, it just immediately finished installation. and this is what it showsCapture1.PNGand nothing actually get installed.

Anybody who has any idea why it is this way?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,363 Views)

I don't know what you downloaded, but it appears that this is not an Installer for LabVIEW 8.5.1.  As I recall (I don't currently have access to my CD/DVD sets), this came on 3-6 CDs (some may have been DVDs).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,339 Views)

Capture.PNGthis is what I have

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,328 Views)

Are you even sure you want to do this?  Judging from the screen shot, it's not going to be compatible with the version of Windows you are using.

Windows Version Compatibility with LabVIEW

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,327 Views)

There was a specific program we used on our older computer(which was also win7 OS) that we want to use on this new computer. However, what happened was that its library files are not working on other versions of labviews. So that's why I am trying to get this version

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,321 Views)

Technically it is not compatibility, it is support list...

"Starting with 6.0.2, LabVIEW should run on newer, unlisted versions of Windows without error messages, but these are not officially supported."

Do you have full installer in C:\National Instruments downloads? You can get full version instead of downloader.

I guess if there were multiple installations tries, it can think it is already installed. Try to clean system from NI software (including manual delete of C:\Program Files\National Instruments after uninstall all) and reinstall it. Check you are running installer with admin rights.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,297 Views)

@Alexander_Sobolev wrote:

Technically it is not compatibility, it is support list...

"Starting with 6.0.2, LabVIEW should run on newer, unlisted versions of Windows without error messages, but these are not officially supported."

Do you have full installer in C:\National Instruments downloads? You can get full version instead of downloader.

I guess if there were multiple installations tries, it can think it is already installed. Try to clean system from NI software (including manual delete of C:\Program Files\National Instruments after uninstall all) and reinstall it. Check you are running installer with admin rights.

Then why does that link have "compatibility" in its title, and all over the page, itself?  😉  And "without error messages" does not equate to "without errors".  I'm pretty sure they made that distinction on purpose.  Besides, unless the OP has Windows 11, I'm pretty sure his Windows version is listed there.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,278 Views)

LV 2011, environment and executables works on windows 10, though not "compatible" starting Win 8. We are planning to upgrade, but nothing critical yet...

OP mentioned he has Win7 and on another PC this configuration worked, so my guess problem is with installation or installer permissions

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,269 Views)