LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you upgrade an ActiveX without breaking an existing LabVIEW application?

Suppose you have a LabVIEW application that uses an ActiveX version 1.0.

At some later time you get an upgrade of the ActiveX or simply install another application that uses and distribute a newer version of the same ActiveX  ( version 2.0 which support the same basic interface ) From what I experieced so far, upgrading the ActiveX will prevent the LabVIEW application from running unless the developper of the application goes in its LabVIEW project, upgrade the control within project/panels, recompile and distribute another copy of the application.

Is LabVIEW using manifest ? What is actually preventing the existing LabVIEW  from running? Are there some type of MANIFEST embedded?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,487 Views)

Hi Rastikan,

LabVIEW does use Manifest while registering ActiveX applications. Access to the Manifest file can let you alter access privileges for ActiveX assembly. You can find more information on using and editing the Manifest file in this post. Also have a look at this knowledgebase article--although it talks about LabVIEW 8.2, it contains information on Manifest files. Hope this helps.

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,459 Views)

Hi Ipshita C,

My question/post did not have that much to do with Manifest as much as existing an application using some 3rd party activex control. But thank you anyway. That might be useful later on if I get sometime done 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,431 Views)