LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you print screen a single monitor in a system with multiple monitors?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

In our application there is a button 'Print' which will take the printscreen and append it to a report. Now that we have upgraded the system to work in multiple monitors, I still couldn't find a way to printscreen only the specified monitor.

P.S..: Normally whenever we do PrtScr, it will take the image of all the monitors and not a single monitor. Alt+PrtScr will print only the active window but not all the windows in that monitor.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Priyadarsini

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,439 Views)

Hi Priyadarsini,

you can resize the the printscreen image to the size (your single screen) you need before you add it to the report.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,437 Views)
Thanks Mike. But the problem is not with the report. And unfortunately the resizing of the FP cannot be done. This printscreen is done programmatically when a test is running. There are different monitors each displaying a different screen. If the user notices something abnormal in the data, he might press the 'Print' button in any of the monitors. Also the main problem with taking the image of all the monitors is that the image is compressed too much to fit into a single page. The size of the print page also could not be changed. It is fixed as A4.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,432 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Priyadarsini

Hi Priyadarsini,

how do you make the printscreen? I think you simulate a "Ctrl+Print" command and read the image from the cilpboard. Aam i correct?

Before you store the image to a file you can cut it to the size you need. Sorry resize was the wrong word for it.

Mike

Message 4 of 8
(7,412 Views)

Thanks a lot, Mike. I do the PrtScr and get the subset of the image using the co-ordinates of the corresponding monitor.

Thanks again,

Priyadarsini

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,396 Views)

hi.. priyadarsini and mike

pls solve my problem now.. 

i want to acquire data in a text file through NI 9234..i m able to get this will using other sources (other than NI 9263).

but when i give a signal to NI 9263 then acquire the same signal i am not getting reliable results

thanks

do not hesitate to give kudosSmiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,381 Views)

I am afraid that I have not worked with any of the card you have mentioned. So I apologize for not being of much help.

Further you could start a different thread because the original question is related to multiple monitors connected to a system.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,354 Views)

thanks priya for paying the intentions...its ok if u donot know much about it..

thanks

do not hesitate to give kudosSmiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,327 Views)