LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you make a control (numeric/string/Boolean) appear and disappear with just one Boolean action?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

Lets say I have a specific set of controls (1 & 2) for specific situations (A and B); so for situation A, controls A1 and A2 are required and for situation B, controls B1 and B2 are required. If I am in situation A, I want the controls for situation B to disappear from my front panel.

Attached is a tester VI I was messing about with trying to accomplish the goal stated above...but I am either missing something (I am getting an alternating appear/disappear action on the controls) or I am trying to do something that is not possible in Labview. I have also included the Labview example code I was trying to follow. The example uses a two step process to accomplish what I am trying to do; I would like to know if that process can be carried out in one step instead of two. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,095 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yoshi123

Easy to do.  Set the controls visible property to False to hide the control or True to show it.  A transparent Tab container is another option but, I hate Tabs. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 5
(2,081 Views)
Solution

I'm afraid you "over-thought" the problem.  Your code (and the Example's code) changes the visibility -- you want to set (or clear) the visibility.  In mechanics, it would be mixing up velocity and position.  In the "A" situation, set A, clear B (i.e. only write the Property Nodes -- you don't care what they were previously).

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 5
(2,069 Views)
Solution

If you group the controls in a cluster, you can show\hide all controls with only one property node (EDIT: the visible property of the cluster)...

Message 4 of 5
(2,048 Views)

Thank you all for the replies. I definitely "over-thought" it!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,024 Views)