LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me for temperature sensor

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, would you please help to get the virtual tool done? I can't figure out what to use in the "case stucture false" . The program should work as the one in this video Click. Thank you very match! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,447 Views)

Why to these You Tubers post videos with obnoxious background music?

Your Can you Help me is a link that goes to an error screen.  Is that supposed to link to something.

You need to wire something in the false case so that when it runs, the output tunnel has a value whether true or false.  I'm going to guess that since the True case either increments or decrements the value on the wire, the false case probably just wires that value straight through.

Pay attention to the value that comes out.  You have it going to an indicator.  The person who made the video has it going to a local variable of the control that starts off the string of calculations.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,409 Views)

Because they want to frustrate you
I'm  sorry about the link, it was a mistake, it's not related with the problem.
I need this for a project I've been working on in my studies. My question is, can you fix the errors in the program because I don't really know how to do it. I'd be thankful.
Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,393 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Tsekov95

I told yoiu how to fix them.

In the False case, wire it straight across.  It will look like the True case, but without the increment or decrement functions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,383 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Tsekov95

Hi Tsekov,

next time please post your question immediatly here in the forum instead of using PersonalMessages!

Your VI can be simplified to:

check.png

- Your case structure problem is easily solved by using Select nodes…

- You don't need extra indicators for your temperatures: make the "numeric display2 of the thermometers visible!

- No need for a NOT function: just change the colors of the "temp ok" LED…

- That 20s delay is annoying, use a reasonable wait function and time!

- No need to have 3 constants of the very same value (for 32 and 1.8)…

- Use a more descriptive name for your VI than just "Untitled 2"!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 8
(2,353 Views)

Hello friends,
Thank you for the help. Now I have another question. I have five different indicators who work in the following intervals: 0-10, 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-50. What I’m trying to do is to connect them all into one general indicator who will show me the value according to the temperature.
You can see how I started in the picture!
Thank you in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,309 Views)

Hi Tsekov,

I have five different indicators who work in the following intervals: 0-10, 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-50.

You have one control named "Sensor C".

Depending on the value of SensorC you display certain values in 5 different indicators…

- Is there a reason to show constant values for certain input values?

- Why don't you use the InRangeAndCoerce function?

- Why don't you use the Interpolate1DArray function?

What I’m trying to do is to connect them all into one general indicator who will show me the value according to the temperature

- Maybe it is sufficient to connect SensorC directly with your intended indicator!?

- You could use a case structure to pick the correct value to display in your intended "one indicator"!?

- You still could use the Interpolate1DArray function to reach your goal…

It would help to provide more information about the algorithm you want to implement!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,306 Views)

Tip.  Instead of having all the greater than, less than, and AND's.  Just use In Range and Coerce.  The boolean output will tell you if it is in range.  One function instead of 3.  You can set the limits to include or exclude the value.   You actually have a flaw right now in your code.  Suppose the value is exactly 10 (or 20, 30, 40).  It is neither in range of 0-10 nor 10-20 because you use > and <.  Perhaps one of those should be  a >= function.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,303 Views)