From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have multpile font colors in a concatenated string?

Just as the title says:

Can you have multpile font colors in a concatenated string?

Can this be done programically? If so, how?

Doug
Doug Ferguson

www.southerndaqsolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,925 Views)
To the best of my knowlege, font properties are properties of controls and indicators, not strings.  I'll be interested to see if anyone knows otherwise.
Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,919 Views)

I have to agree with Jim on this one. If you really need to mix colors, the picture control can be used.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,911 Views)
A string type has just the character information associated with it but you can have multiple colors in a string control through property nodes.  Its a bit of a pain but you set the start and stop selects then change the text color.

Paul
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,900 Views)

See attached.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 6 of 12
(2,898 Views)
Thanks a bunch. Just what I was looking for.
Doug Ferguson

www.southerndaqsolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,889 Views)

I stand corrected!

I never tried looking under Font since there were already two other color properties.

I tip my hat to you Paul! Here, have some stars.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,881 Views)
L I B
Thanks Paul, that's why I love this place.

But it is a property of the indicator/control, not the string itself.

Message Edited by lmtis on 02-29-2008 12:49 PM
Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,877 Views)
If I were vain I'd feel hurt Smiley Indifferent because the KB article that I pointed to says exactly that regarding SelStart and SelEnd and even provides an example. However, I'm not vain, as far as I know. Smiley Happy

Paul did have a very colorful example, though. Reminded me of when the <COLOR> tag was introduced by Netscape and you started seeing all those web pages that made your eyes hurt. Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,870 Views)