LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you continuously read digital inputs on NI9425?

Solved!
Go to solution

See attached errors/tasks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(747 Views)

I'm thinking it is an issue with the way the waveform is being built.  You really don't have a digital waveform, but a series of 5 individual true/false data points.  You might want to look at N channel 1 sample.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(743 Views)

The problem with having only one channel is that the data from boolean controls being sent to the digital out DAQ won't continuously be updated. If I choose 1 sample, then it'll only execute the one set? This ties back to my original problem.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(725 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sam18

Right now nothing updates because you build up a queue of 5 items as soon as your VI starts based on the setting of your controls when your VI starts.  There is no way to change those controls until you stop and restart your VI.

I think you are misunderstanding the concept of dataflow.  I recommend you go through the

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

Also take a step back.  Make a simple VI, base it on some digital output examples in the Example Finder and prove that you can get that to work for you.  Only then start adding the digital input.  (Create a separate example VI to test that first.)  I don't know what your goal is with the queue in there.

Message 14 of 15
(711 Views)

Thanks! I was overly complicated/convoluting the problem. It was extremely simple all along. I just played with the read/write modules and it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(691 Views)