LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we read and write data from ibaLogic using Labview?

Can we read and write data from ibaLogic using Labview?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,748 Views)

Hi nazakat,

what is ibaLogic? I made a short google search and found a fuzzy modul, is it what you mean?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,737 Views)

Hi Mike !

ibaLogic is a programing software for signal measurement ,simulation and soft plc.

here is the link for ibaLogic www.iba-ag.com

Please review it and tell me whether it is possible to read and write data from ibaLogic using Labview?

Regards

nazakat 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,719 Views)

Good Afternoon nazakat,

According to the ibaLogic marketing PDF, found at http://www.iba-ag.com/pub/pdf/ibalogicv3_v4.7_en_ltr.pdf, ibaLogic supports "open system connections like OPC and C++ DLL", which "allow the interaction with the outside world without any special support."

If ibaLogic cannot act as an OPC Server, you will need to use a program that can act as an OPC Server.  You can purchase a license for NI OPC Server or download a free 30-day trial.

Once you have set up an OPC Server, any LabVIEW development system (Base, Full, or Professional) can use the DataSocket VIs to read and write OPC tags.

An alternative method to using the DataSocket VIs is to purchase the NI Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Module for LabVIEW.  This will allow you to create an OPC Client I/O Server within a LabVIEW project.  Once this server is created in a library, you can create bound shared variables for each of the OPC tags on the server.  In addition to the ease of use of the I/O Server and bound shared variables, DSC allows for easy, well-integrated logging to the Citadel database and advanced alarming features.  More information can be found at the DSC homepage.

Message 4 of 10
(3,698 Views)

Hi  Charlie !

Thanks a lot. i will try to interface labview in this way!

and will contact you if any problem aroused.......

Best Regards

nazakat

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,685 Views)

Hi Charlie here is the  information sent by you :

According to the ibaLogic marketing PDF, found at http://www.iba-ag.com/pub/pdf/ibalogicv3_v4.7_en_ltr.pdf, ibaLogic supports "open system connections like OPC and C++ DLL", which "allow the interaction with the outside world without any special support."

If ibaLogic cannot act as an OPC Server, you will need to use a program that can act as an OPC Server.  You can purchase a license for NI OPC Server or download a free 30-day trial.

Once you have set up an OPC Server, any LabVIEW development system (Base, Full, or Professional) can use the DataSocket VIs to read and write OPC tags.

An alternative method to using the DataSocket VIs is to purchase the NI Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Module for LabVIEW.  This will allow you to create an OPC Client I/O Server within a LabVIEW project.  Once this server is created in a library, you can create bound shared variables for each of the OPC tags on the server.  In addition to the ease of use of the I/O Server and bound shared variables, DSC allows for easy, well-integrated logging to the Citadel database and advanced alarming features.  More information can be found at the DSC homepage.

Now i want to communicate Labview with ibaLogic through NI-OPC Server ,so what could be the maximum transfer rate in bytes between these two through NI-OPC Server?

Plz reply

Best Regards

Nazakat 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,668 Views)

I want to communicate Labview with ibaLogic which is a programming software for signal measurement ,automation and soft PLC.

The task is to read and write data from ibaLogic in a Labview application through NI-OPC Server. ibaLogic supports OPC.

So what could be the maximum transfer rate in bytes between these two softwares through NI-OPC Server?

PLease reply me as early as possible!

I shall be very thankful to you!

Best Regards

nazakat

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,655 Views)

Hello nazakat,

OPC is a lossy communications protocol that was not designed for streaming.  As such, you will need to be very careful when architecting your application so that it can stream data properly.  The maximum transfer rate is unknown.  It depends on a wide variety of factors including your system configuration and the OPC server you are connecting to.  You can find more information about this here.  Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,643 Views)

Hi Burt S!

Thanks a lot for giving me information about NI-OPC Server

Best Regards

Nazakat

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,636 Views)

If Labview can act as an OPC-Client DA Standard 2.XX then you can read and write data from ibaLogic.

Otherwise you need a client which can connect to two opc-servers at the same time to handle the data exchange.

For more informations call the Hotline from iba.

Manuel Koenig

iba AG
Quality and Support

Koenigswarterstr. 44
90762 Germany
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,478 Views)