LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we pass runtime input varibles to Actives X componets

Hi,
     Can we pass the runtime input variables to Active X componets, so the output can be varied depending upon the inpur variable we pass.
The main idea is : I am using Active X compnets to inteface with C code and Excel sheet where we have to pass the input varilable. I want to give the input while the program is exectuing. Can this be possible. if so how cani do this?

ThankQ for the help in Advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,081 Views)
Hello,

I think your question comes down to the interface provided by the component.  Usually they come with a set of properties and methods which you can execute.  Those setting properties and executing methods (which can take input variables) should be able to handle your desired functionality - whether the property or function you're looking for is already implemented is up to the developer of the component.

Does that make sense?

For example, if your component processes an excel spreadsheet, and you want to be able to pass a file name to it programmatically, it will have to have a property or method which allows you to do this.

I presume you are using LabVIEW.  Keep in mind, LabVIEW reads the API as defined by the component - what properties and functions are available is not up to LabVIEW - those are decisions the component's developer made.

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,065 Views)