LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we change VI properties without actually opening it?

Hi
I am making executable out of my VI. I wished that the window should close once we exit the program through exit button. Hence I used "Quit Labview" function from Application Control pallette. At the same time inadvertantly I have set the VI properties as "Run when opened" and also disabled "Show run button" and "Show Abort button" options. Now when I open the VI, it starts running, it doesn't show run or abort buttons and when I press exit button to quit the program, it closes the Labview. Now I am unable to edit it's properties. Can any body tell me if there is any way of editing VI properties without actually openig the VI? Thanks and regards.

Sreedhar Nyapathi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,852 Views)
Hi snyapathi

One way is to start up Labview on it's own, create a new blank VI, and then add your VI to the Block Diagram.  Then you should be able to right click your VI's icon and edit it's properties.  Then delete it and it should prompt you to save the changes, so click Save. It is a tricky one that!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,852 Views)
Alternatively, if you have LabVIEW 8.0 or higher, open the VI from within a LabVIEW project. It will open in edit mode. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,847 Views)
Hi Pauldavey

Thank you. I have tried it and it worked.

Sreedhar Nyapathi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,833 Views)

Hi altenbach

Thank you. But I am a user of Labview 7.0

Sreedhar Nyapathi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,832 Views)

<deleted>

0 Kudos