LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the value of an indicator be shown vertically?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to show vertically the alue of an indicator (like shown in the attached file). It doesn't seem possible. I have tried clicking right but there is no access to this paramater. I have also tried using a property node but I get a message error.

I have missed something?

Thanks for your help,

User 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,660 Views)

For the most part, that option is not "built-in". A Picture Control can be used by inserting the text with your desired orientation.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,657 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author User_1979
You could also add a caption and change the vertical arrangement to counterclockwise. Write to a Caption.Text property node.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,651 Views)

Hi Ben and Dennis,

Thanks for your answers. I have used the subtitle of the indicator to wright vertically and then the property node to make it show the value of the indicator. I don't know what "caption" means Dennis but it seems to be what you have told me to try.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,620 Views)

User_1979 wrote:

I don't know what "caption" means Dennis but it seems to be what you have told me to try.

Caption is a property of controls.  You could call it a subtitle, but the property is called "caption".

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 02-19-2010 08:55 PM
Message 5 of 6
(2,605 Views)

I know this is a really old post, but I've been looking for a way to do this as well and haven't found it. I then thought about resizing the control to appear vertical and use LabVIEW's autowrapping feature to get where I need to go. Thought I would share with the community if anyone else runs across it

-TXR
***The Best way to say 'thanks' is to hit that Kudos button!***
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,250 Views)