LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view installed software on sbRIO in NI MAX

I have recently upgraded to the newest version of all labview related software. I was going to install software onto my sbRIO-9636, but NI MAX will not show me the software drop down and so I can't add/remove programs to and from my sbRIO. I didn't have this problem with the previous version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,632 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,631 Views)

Are you sure you installed the sbRIO drivers (might be part of the cRIO driver set)?  That would be the obvious thing.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,628 Views)

Yes. I have tried following that again, but when I get to step two I am unable to proceed further. It says...

Expand the CompactRIO item under Remote Systems, right-click on the Software item, and select Add/Remove Software.

The problem is, I can't expand my rio system to see the software tab to right click. I press the expand and then MAX does nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,622 Views)

Yes, I have the latest sbRIO drivers installed. It did come with the cRIO driver set. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,619 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,613 Views)

I have went through that and am already connected via crossover cable and have set up a static IP address. I tried to reset it and follow through the process again, but have come to the same result. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,607 Views)

@jbart253 wrote:

and have set up a static IP address.

What are the IP settings of the sbRIO and the computer?  I think they need to be on the same subnet.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,558 Views)

The subnet settings are identical on both the rio and the computer. The IP address of the rio is the same as the computer except it ends in 33 while the computer ends in 34. I have the rio's gateway and dns server set to 0.0.0.0.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,550 Views)

Hi

I have the same problem. I wonder that can you fix the problem? I think that the reason is because of the uninstall drivers on CompactRIO

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,953 Views)