From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't read txt file properly on cRIO RT system after deployment

Solved!
Go to solution

The VI as shown in the attachment works properly on my cRIO9073 system when running from the project explorer and pressing the arrow button. But unfortunately it doesn't work anymore when it's deployed (after making a build). This VI is part of a large project, but I was able to trace back the issue to this VI, where something goes wrong with reading the text file. I use now the false case (not shown), where I temporary added the content of the txt file into a string constant. Of course, this is a good workaround, but not flexible.

Does anyone has an idea what goes wrong here?

I'm using NI-RIO 3.1.0 - January 2009 version as software version on the cRIO system.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,037 Views)

I think the problem is with the file location shortcut you're using. 

The compiled RT program won't be in the same location as the "VI" was, so the file won't be where it looks for it.

Other folk may have a better suggestion, but I always use absolute links on RT Hardware.  I usually put configuration and other files directly in the c:\ni-rt\ directory.

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,031 Views)

For this VI I had first an absolute path, but as this was not recommended I used the VI path item. Unfortunately, with both situations it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,025 Views)

Try to get more detailed error information by debugging the RT executable. To do this check EnableDebugging in the Advanced section of the RT app build specification and establish the debug connection to the cRIO by providing the IP information in the Debug Application window (LV main menu - > Operate)

Hope it helps

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,020 Views)

I tried to connect with the debug application window, but unfortunately I do get the following error message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compiler error. Report this problem to National Instruments Tech Support

copy cvt bool, csrc=0x0.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After this message the debugger failed to connect

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,010 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pacerider

Hello,

I don't know that you still have that issue but I think that you cannot use that Property node (Axis type) in your cRIO. Please remove that and try it again to see what would be the influence.

I will hear it from you.

regards,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,989 Views)

@Hossein128, thanks for your response. I removed the property node and then it works OK! I was a bit surprised about this, but nevertheless it solved the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,971 Views)

Hi,

That is good to hear. It is because this property doesn't supported in RT. You can find more info in the help file of this function.

Good Luck,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,968 Views)

Just remember that, when your are working with Real-Time, a lot of the properties and operations on front panel controls and indicators are not available.

General go with the approach that a Real time application/vi don't have a front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,957 Views)