LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't print a graph on the whole page in landscape

Hello!

I have XY graph that I want to print on the whole page in landscape orientation (paper A4).
On the screen the graph is small, so I do resizing, appending image to report, and then printing.

After sending it to the printer I get preview (from the printer software) and see that the graph uses only approx. 5/6 of the page in the width, in other words the height of the graph takes the whole height of the page (21 cm) and the width of the graph leaves 5 cm of the page unused.

I tried to change the width and the height of the plot area to get proper ratio, but in vain.

If I set the height of the graph too large it goes beyond the page, but whatever I write to the width I always get 5 cm of the page unused on the right side. (not including 1 cm of the margin).
Note: surely, if you set small width you can get more space of the page unused, I'm talking about increasing the width of the graph.

Any ideas?

See attached for the vi. I tried to save it for 7.1 version but it can't, so you'll need LabView 8.0 to check it.
Also in attached you can find the page preview I get before it goes to printer.

Thanks in advance.
Rashid.

Using LV 8.0 Pro on WinXP with printer Canon PIXMA iP1000 (also tested on HP printer, but I think it doesn't matter).

Message Edited by Rashid on 06-06-2006 07:09 AM

Download All
Message 1 of 7
(3,717 Views)
Rashid,
I agree with you. I think that this is a glitch in LabVIEW and have reported it to our R&D department. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Chris C
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 2 of 7
(3,669 Views)
Thank you, Chris, for your reply.
I was already afraid that my message was missed.
I appreciate your attention.

If you'll read this message, a little question:

Is there any way to know what kind of problems are solved in upgrade (update) when it comes (something like bug fixed list)?

Best regards,
Rashid.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,660 Views)
Rashid,
You can find out what fixes were made by visiting the LabVIEW support page. On it you'll find a link to LabVIEW 8.0.1 Maintenance Release Information. I think you'll find these sites very useful.

Chris C
Message 4 of 7
(3,650 Views)
Thank you, Chris for your help.
I downloaded LabVIEW_8.0.1_Runtime_Engine.exe
and successfully installed it.

The only thing I didn't get is "Prompt for Mass Compile" message when running LV first time after upgrade.
(Note: I didn't try to open any application, my LV starts with "Getting Started" window).

So I had to unzip "lv_801_masscompile.zip", open the file "lv_request_masscompile.vi" (from Getting Started window) and run it by myself.

After mass compiling finished I rebuilt some my applications for test and had no problems.

Maybe I missed something? (that caused me to mass compile manually).

Best regards,
Rashid.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,639 Views)
Rashid,

It could be that you would need to install the entire LabVIEW 8.0.1 update rather than just the updated Run-Time Engine (RTE).  Here is a link to the 8.0.1 update.  If you download and install this version, you can then use the utility to mass compile or compile when you are prompted. 

Repost if you have more questions!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
Message 6 of 7
(3,611 Views)

I am coming across this issue in LV2009. I am appending an XY Graph Control Image to my landscape standard report with 0.5 in margins all around, but get a 1.5 inch margin on the right had side. Has anyone verified that is bug has been fixed?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,773 Views)